Mom asked "When do you close?"
The reply came back "In 5 minutes ma'am."
Looking defeated as they walked out the door, we overheard the son say "Mom, I told you we should have gone to a 24 hour library!"
Did you know that while our buildings have day and evening hours the Library's online branch is available 24 hours a day? At any hour of night or day you can access our WWWeb Branch to:
- find something to read, to listen to, or to view,
- place holds on books or videos to pick up later, (now with email notification),
- use over $100,000 of deep web databases of verified information that are not just out there on the net but are accessible with your Glendale Public Library library card,
- download audio books and ebooks,
- listen to music, or watch a play through the literature and arts databases,
- View local digital photographs of historic interest
- read our blogs and find reader's advice
- check into your library account and get information on how to borrow items.
- and even chat with a professional reference librarian in a nationwide network to get guidance on which web resources might best answer your information query.
The Glendale Public library is far more than our buildings filled with great books and wonderful people. It is also your round-the-clock, round-the-worldwide-web access point for the best in information and entertainment. Come to any of our branches, including our library branch on WWWeb Street. You can even create an account online.