Friday, April 13, 2007

Taz, the Library Blog Dog, Recommends:


Herding Dogs: progressive training by Virgil S. Holland

As a proud owner of a pair of humans, I can tell you I love it when my parents take me to do something fun. My dad often takes me hiking in nearby Griffith Park, and my mom regularly takes me to herd sheep out in Shadow Hills on her day off. This book really helped Mom understand skills that I (a born-to-run, pre-human educated herding dog) already understand instinctually. One of these things is, work is fun. Just like it is for Mom in the library. Now we can work better as a team when we head pastureside to play with what Mom calls those "adorable woolies!" I don't care what you call them, just so long as they move where and when I tell 'em. Harwf, harwf!

No comments:

Search the Book Talk archives!